Accessing Your Child’s Textbooks – B.E.E.P.
- They finished their homework in class.
- They do not have the textbook at home to be able to work on the assignment and that they will just finish it during lunch the next day.
Firewall students say these things to our Mentor staff all the time. If your child’s grades are not what they should be, then this is what you can do to ensure that they are headed in the right direction.
There are so many valuable tools and resources out there. Broward County Schools provides many of them to you, and they are easily accessible. One of these is “B.E.E.P.”
B.E.E.P. (Broward Enterprise Education Portal) allows students to access a Broward County Schools textbook online.
- To log onto B.E.E.P.:
- Go towww.browardschools.com
- From there, click on “B.E.E.P.” from the Quick Links section of the page or take the direct link here: http://beep.browardschools.com/ssoPortal/index.html
- Once the page opens, click to log in as a “Student.”
- Type in the student’s ID number (i.e. 0600000000) and birth date (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY). Forward slashes are necessary.
- Once you log into B.E.E.P., a list appears that contains grade levels (K-5, Grades 6-8, & Grades 9-12) and links to different subjects that correspond with each grade level.
- Depending on what your child has for homework and what book he/she needs, click on the link. Once you click on the link, click on “View Textbook.” For example, your child needs the seventh grade math book. While on this page, click on the book that says Florida Math Connects Course 2 (Grade 7).
So the next time your child tells you that they cannot finish their math problems because they do not have the textbook at home, think about B.E.E.P. before you let them slide!
Read more about Firewall Centers and their school-based mentoring services here.