Want a job that makes a difference?
Become a Firewall Mentor!
The Mentor is an essential member of Firewall’s leadership team. Mentors build a close relationship with a group of students, model positive behaviors, and tutor and help with homework.
This position begins on August 15th, 2016 and ends in May 2017.
Mentors are placed within one of the eight Firewall Centers located in Davie, Fort Lauderdale, Sunrise, Plantation, and Pompano Beach. The Centers are open Monday through Thursday during after school hours, approximately 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Firewall Mentors are:
• Develop an excellent relationship with the students while promoting positive attendance, behavior, and course performance.
• Manage student behavior and appropriate order
• Assess the individual academic needs of each of your 8 to 12 students to ensure the completion of all school work accurately and on time.
• Maintain accurate records related to each student’s academics and behavior.
• Assist in the daily set-up and breakdown of the program as well as help students, staff, parents, or volunteers in any area needed
• Check grades on Broward County’s grade-tracking system for assigned group of 8-12 students.
• Assist the students with their homework, projects, and in studying for tests/quizzes daily.
• Monitor and record daily behavior and mediate any conflicts between students.
• Ensure that daily snack is prepared and served.
• Assist in the daily set-up and breakdown of the center.
• Strong people skills and the ability to work well with students and staff.
• Proficient in all academic subject areas (English, Algebra, Science, & Social Studies)
• Skilled in Microsoft Office
• High School graduate