Mentor Position Description
- Develop an excellent relationship with the students while promoting positive attendance, behavior, and course performance.
- Manage student behavior and appropriate order
- Assess the individual academic needs of each of your 8 to 12 students to ensure the completion of all school work accurately and on time.
- Maintain accurate records related to each student’s academics and behavior.
- Assist in the daily set-up and breakdown of the program as well as help students, staff, parents, or volunteers in any area needed
- Check grades on Broward County’s grade-tracking system for assigned group of 8-12 students.
- Assist the students with their homework, projects, and in studying for tests/quizzes daily.
- Monitor and record daily behavior and mediate any conflicts between students.
- Ensure that daily snack is prepared and served.
- Assist in the daily set-up and breakdown of the center.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work well with students and staff.
- Proficient in all academic subject areas (English, Algebra, Science, & Social Studies)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- High School graduate